how to fill the gap in RDR?

when oplock break(EX.two clients write the file),the RDR will not keep the cache.
when a write operation is coming,the RDR just pass the write operation to the server(SRV).
If the VDL of the file is 0x2000,but the write offset is 0x2300,there is a gap(from 0x2000 to 0x2300).In the above situation(oplock break),the gap will be filled by SRV.

Now,my minifilter is for encryption.
If I don’t handle this situation,the data from 0x2000 to 0x2300 will be zero,not the encrypted data.
What’s the solution…?It puzzled me.
I have some solution,but them are not enough good.
a sequence of zero can be as plain-text(not encrypted data),I can do not decrypt it in READ operaion.
But,if the gap just one byte…
when a write operation is coming to my minifilter,I can get the VDL.
If there is a gap,I encrypted a sequence of zero and write it before original write operation.That’s to say,I fill the gap dynamicl.
But,I can’t synchronize two clients!
But,if the gap is in the end of the file,(from VDL to EOF),what’s the opporunity for my fill operation?Cleanup IRP is appropriate for normal file IO,Close IRP is appropriate for memory map file.
I can’t deploy any filter driver in the server(SRV) because the server maybe is linux.

My god…I can’t find any appropriate solution for it.
What’s your solution for your filter?
thanks…very much

in 5 days,I issued two problems…
but no man can discuess it.
very disappointed.

Dude, that’s life. However, sometimes a question, such as “Why won’t my computer turn on” is ignored simply because the question is so ignorant, and tends to show the ignorance of the questioner, that it and the questioner is simply ignored.

However, if you really wanted your question answered, when you replied to your original question, you would have made sure that the question itself was included in your reply to your self, where you were chastising us for not answering your question, which we now have no idea what the question was, since you were not smart enough to configure your reply to include the question that we didn’t answer.

Gary G. Little
Certified Contest Administrator
C 952-454-4629
H 952-223-1349

On May 16, 2011, at 12:27, xxxxx@hotmail.com wrote:

in 5 days,I issued two problems…
but no man can discuess it.
very disappointed.

NTFSD is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of debugging and file system seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

@Gary: While I can get on board with your sentiment about not complaining when your question isn’t answered I cant really get on board with the portion about making sure the original question was included is a bit off base. I imagine a lot of people, especially people who are new to the group use the forumesk interface offered at osronline to communicate on this list and it does not attach the previous messages when you post a reply.

@Josh,

Hockey-puck. So cut and paste it, if the forum interface you use does not include a thread trail. The point I was making is that MY time, and TIM’s time and DON’s time and MAX’s time, and PETER’s time and DORON’s time and YOUR time is to valuable to waste. Making us waste time opening a browser, navigating to the OSROnline webpage, and then doing a search for the source of a question the OP is asking, is simply ill-mannered, and I for one will not waste my time to do something that courtesy should have provided in the first place.

By the way, this thread now proves the point. What was the original question? I have no idea. If the OP is smart he’ll repost it and provide that reminder, every time he posts. If not he’ll wonder off pouting and spouting about how OsrOnline is a waste of time. That frankly is not my problem, since I don’t get paid, and gain very little benefit, by taking my time to answer his/her/its question in the first place.

Sheesh, speaking of wasting time …

Gary G. Little
Certified Contest Administrator
C 952-454-4629
H 952-223-1349

On May 16, 2011, at 13:14, xxxxx@selinc.com wrote:

@Gary: While I can get on board with your sentiment about not complaining when your question isn’t answered I cant really get on board with the portion about making sure the original question was included is a bit off base. I imagine a lot of people, especially people who are new to the group use the forumesk interface offered at osronline to communicate on this list and it does not attach the previous messages when you post a reply.

NTFSD is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of debugging and file system seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

oh…yes,that’s my complain.
oh…I know if I complain,there are some people will discuess…not my question just my complain.
I have observe some products,including the products based on DMK.
But in my test case,all products fail…