Configuration Manager editing in Visual Studio

Currently I am using Visual studio 13 for windows device driver development work.

I need to build the existing Visual studio workspace for windows 7(both debug and release). But the existing workspace support only configurations for windows 8.

I need to reuse some existing build setting from windows 8 workspace but build it for windows 7.

So I created a new solution configuration for win7 by copying the settings from win8 configuration. By doing this I get my project specific configuration done. But the build options are “_WIN32_WINNT=0x0603” /D “WINVER=0x0603” /D “WINNT=1” /D “NTDDI_VERSION=0x06030000” which are win8 specific.

Please let me know the setting changes I need to do to get win7 specific build options in my project.
Btw existing workspace does not contain Win7 Debug/Release configuration options, which I believe were deleted by the earlier developer.

Regards,
Vinayak

On 2/28/2014 6:24 AM, xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

Currently I am using Visual studio 13 for windows device driver development work.

Visual Studio 13 doesn’t exist yet as far as I know - VS 2013 is version
12 :slight_smile:

Please let me know the setting changes I need to do to get win7 specific build options in my project.
Btw existing workspace does not contain Win7 Debug/Release configuration options, which I believe were deleted by the earlier developer.

i think you’ll need to edit the .vcxproj file (right-click the project
in Visual Studio, click Unload and then right-click again and you should
see an option to edit the file) - there should be a TargetVersion
property to update.

Bruce