Code 31 on Device after DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

on a Windows 7 system i had a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happened two minutes after resuming from hibernation. The user decided to put the system back to hibernation after one minute from full system restore from hibernation, which is a very short time to work for sure. After looking at the crash dump it gave me a clear sight what lead to this, but after rebooting the first time from the crash i encountered something really strange: Suddenly there had been new devices detected on the system, namely two Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapters. Before the crash the system never detected them and all hardware was installed without any problems. Shutting-Down, Restarting/Rebooting never asked or installed any devices. The system was working properly and stable. But after this crash the system installed two adapters and they wont work with error code 31. Also there was no network connection possible on any interface. After removing the devices (while running) and restarting one of the WLan adapters (while running), the system was able to connect back to the network and our access points without rebooting. My question here is: What “COULD” have caused the system to bring two Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapters into play after this Bugcheck. Does anybody have a idea or assumption what could have lead to this (at least to me) unexpected behaviour?

best

K.

On 02-Apr-2012 15:14, xxxxx@arcor.de wrote:

My question here is: What “COULD” have caused the system to bring two Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapters into play after this Bugcheck.

Possibly, registry corruption. Like, some volatile network stuff left in
inconsistent state.

– pa