Debugging

Hello everyone . I wrote a driver that intercepts all outgoing and incoming traffic on the ethernet network. How to check if the driver is working. What protocol and what program to run so that all possible protocols leaving through my driver are checked․ I debug on a local network by connecting two Windows 10 computers.

… on the ethernet network …

Which Ethernet network? Are you assuming there is always one, and only one? Surely if you start fetching some web pages, you can tell if it is working.

Well you will eventually have to run the WHQL network device tests if you want to get your driver WHQL signed, so there are these tests: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/testref/device-network-tests

But a simple test framework that uses two systems, to send/receive network data using a variety of protocols should be rather trivial to create., There are quite a few standard network benchmark test programs out there that can pump data at your test system.

I said, that my network isolated. I have some compurers connected togather. I have local, isolayted network. I ask for a program using most protocols to see if driver working good. Becose my driver is for working in local-secure network

There is no comprehensive test. The design of the OSI model inherently allows for future expansion, and so there will always be protocols that your driver won’t understand. The most common protocols use TCP and UDP - and increasingly hybridizing them together. but GRE and many other IP protocols are possible. and the higher level protocols multiply even more quickly - just think about how much stuff is send via HTTP (TCP port 80 or 443)

OK, thank you. I understand that checking the patency of tcp and udp through the driver is enough to conclude that the driver is working correctly.

You can certainly start an ssh server, an HTTP server, and a simple telnet server on the machines and connect between them.

Well