Search features?

I couldn’t find any documentation that discusses the web site Search feature. (And this seemed like the appropriate place to ask.) Are there any options other than raw text search, for example to search by date, author, or to sort the results by date? I assume there may also be quoting of phrases, and possibly AND and OR?

Hi Taed,

Long time, no see, Taed! What an unexpected pleasure. Welcome back.

So, your question woke me from my sleep/lethargy and caused me to flip the switch to enable the “new search experience” on our site – which I didn’t even know existed until I did some Googling.

So, yeah… Click the magnifying glass at the top right of any page (with or without entering a search term) and the subsequent page will now let you “refine” your search based on date range, author, and the like:

Thanks for asking, and prompting me to make the totally useless previous search a bit better.

Be well,

Peter

Perfect! It works just as I’d hoped!

Yup, I’ve been doing almost no Windows development the past few years. Our embedded Windows product has been in maintenance mode for a few years, and we finally converted to 64-bit just 2 years ago with a Win2008 to Win2016 upgrade (which went pretty smoothly). I recently did an in-place upgrade to Win2019 recently just to try it out, and was pleasantly surprise that it went completely fine!

So what brings me back? I’m hoping to find answers to a driver signing issue (I’ll post if I need to, just sharing here, not asking) – we just got a new certificate and are now running into the new driver signing requirements that kicked in ~April 2021. Unclear why we didn’t run into it over the last 2 years, which is part of the mystery to me. Hoping to avoid the hardware driver submission route! (We’re an embedded product where we control everything, so no “user” ever sees our drivers.)

I hope all is going well with the you and the community! You’ve always been so helpful over the years!

Taed… You might want to check our developer blog posts about driver signing. We’ve covered a ton of those issues over the past few years… particularly the whole issue of how cross-signing no longer works, and you can only use either Attestation Signing or pass the WHQL tests.

P

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:
Taed… You might want to check our developer blog posts about driver signing. We’ve covered a ton of those issues over the past few years… particularly the whole issue of how cross-signing no longer works, and you can only use either Attestation Signing or pass the WHQL tests.

P

Hi guys

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll definitely check out the developer blog posts on driver signing.

@Taed_Wynnell said:
I couldn’t find any documentation that discusses the web site Search feature. (And this seemed like the appropriate place to ask.) Are there any options other than raw text search, for example to search by date, author, or to sort the results by date? I assume there may also be quoting of phrases, and possibly AND and OR?

Are there additional search options beyond basic text search, such as filtering by date or author, or sorting results by date?