HLK v2004 Lan test issue with Windows 10, version 21H2

I am trying to certify my Ethernet LAN Driver for Windows 10, version 21H2, with HLK version 2004 running on Windows server 2019.
As soon as I load the playlist on the HLK Studio NO recommended test cases are getting populated. The list of tests to run is empty.
But things are working fine when I try to certify the same driver for Windows 10, version 1809 with its respective HLK.
I also made sure the same Device Feature List is selected for my driver, for v1890 and v21H2, on the selection page of HLK studio.
Could anyone please help me here?

Hello nish_ant,
I have the same problem with HLK 2004. As soon as I load the playlist, the list of tests become empty.
With HLK 1809 everything works fine.

Hello nish_ant,
are you using a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2021 LTSC version on the client for your tests?
In my case, it only shows no tests with the Windows 10 IoT version. With the Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC everything works fine.

Then what’s the problem? Run the tests with Win 10 Enterprise and submit the logs. The kernel is the same.

@Manuel said:
Hello nish_ant,
are you using a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2021 LTSC version on the client for your tests?
Yes. Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC is Windows version 21H2, and HLK setups and playlist for running HLK test is the same from Windows10 2004 to Windows10 22H2 client.

In my case, it only shows no tests with the Windows 10 IoT version. With the Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC everything works fine.
I see the issue with 21H2 as a client. Any changes you did to make it work?

I was in contact with the Microsoft support. They told me that the IoT versions have never been supported and that I should use an “normal” Enterprise version for the tests. This fact should be documented in the MSDN in the future.

1 Like