How many HLK versions are actually required?

Sorry for the newb question but I just can’t find a clear answer to this. If a driver needs to be HLK certified for client OS versions “Win 10 1803 and newer”, does that require having a separate HLK instance for each of the following?

HLK 1803
HLK 1809
HLK 1903/1909
HLK 2004
HLK 11 21H2
HLK 11 22H2

I know I could set all these up individually and then combine their results into a single package. But are there any that can be left out? For example, could you just do HLK 1803 and HLK 11 21H2 to get “one 10 and one 11” in the mix? Surely there must be some forward compatibility in here, right? Otherwise vendors would have to release new drivers with every OS release. If there is forward compatibility, then where are those lines? Would the 1803 drivers work on Win 11?

The thing that makes me think that I do need to set up each one of these environments individually is the cert report only calling out the one version. I just don’t know if there’s some implied or understood backwards compat there. E.g. if you were able to pass the Win 11 tests then you are good enough for Win 10, etc.

Cert Report

No, just use one, like for example HLK1803.

Mark Roddy

@Mark_Roddy said:
No, just use one, like for example HLK1803.

Mark Roddy

Note: The email was trying to reply to an invalid Discussion (293527).

So if there is forward compatibility, does that also mean that if someone passes HCK, there is no need to pass HLK and their driver will install on Windows 7 onward?

unfortunately no. You have to run the HCK to get signed for older OS
releases.
Mark Roddy