Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTFSD

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Change File path in minifilter preop

jedovob209jedovob209 Member Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I would like to change the created file path save location during the saving process, but every time I've tried, I've got an error message like: "someting wrong with the path".
Is there any simple way to make it work?

Thanks,

Comments

• rod_widdowsonrod_widdowson Member - All Emails Posts: 1,266

Reparse the IRP_MJ_CREATE ? (check the archives on how to do it - the details escape me at this distance)

• Jeremy_HurrenJeremy_Hurren Member - All Emails Posts: 34

Checkout https://github.com/microsoft/windows-driver-samples/tree/master/filesys/miniFilter/simrep. Basically, you just replace the file name in the file object and return STATUS_REPARSE.

• jedovob209jedovob209 Member Posts: 4

Thanks, I've tried that one, but unfortunatly I can't make it work properly! I've change the Global.Mapping.Mames, but it simply not working as I think it should. Propably I made some mistakes, but I don't no what are those. I've try to change the TargetFileObject name, but it is not good, because it throws an error like "path not exists".

• Dejan_MaksimovicDejan_Maksimovic Member - All Emails Posts: 649
    via Email
    \\Device\Harddiskvolume1\Temp\TestFile.ext
    ?

Kind regards, Dejan Maksimovic.
    FS Lead: http://www.alfasp.com

I've set up the path like this, but it saves the file as TEST.TXT insted of FIN.txt.

RtlInitUnicodeString( &Globals.Mapping.NewName, L"\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Temp\FIN.TXT");
    RtlInitUnicodeString( &Globals.Mapping.OldName, L"\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Temp\TEST.TXT");

Hi! I've tried it several times, all the combinations, but it is still not working as it should. I tried it with default values, I created the folders so: c:\x\y and c:\a\b. When I save something to the x\y\ fodler it saves it, but not in the a\b\ folder. The vm uses 1 drive, and run win 10 build 19041 release(191206-1406). Can someone tell me what sould I try, where can be the problem. I would be very grateful :smiley: