HLK Windows 10 AppContainers_Tests fails with error can't find startappcontainer.exe

Hi,

I am running Hardware Lab kit tests on our WFP driver and the AppContainers_Tests fails on Pre-Configuration steps with the below error:

[FAIL] The machine is not properly configured for testing: Could not find required binary: C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Hardware Lab Kit\Client\startappcontainer.exe

I didn’t find startappcontainer.exe anywhere in the controller or client computers.
I saw that more people had this issue but no one gave an answer.

Thanks,
Sagi

You installed the latest updates and filters, right?

Mark Roddy

I’m using the latest HLK for Windows 10.
What I saw in the last hour is that after loading the latest playlist, all the WFP tests are removed and I’m left with 1 small test that doesn’t test WFP functionality at all.
So it seems that for signing purpose the test that failed is not needed.
It seems that this is a real bug in the WFP HLK tests and therefore it is not part of the playlist.
The fact that all WFP tests were removed when loading the playlist make we wonder if the HLK tests for WFP drivers are working and worth the trouble to try and run them on my driver.

“make we wonder if the HLK tests for WFP drivers are working and worth the trouble to try and run them on my driver.” -
What is your goal? In general the goal for the HLK test process is to get a WHQL signature. So if that is down to one small test that does nothing much, that is exceptionally good news. If your goal is to increase the reliability and functional correctness of your software, generally the HLK doesn’t do that, and instead you need to write your own tests.