HLK Tested Driver Validity

Thanks again to everyone who has been helping me so far. I really apprechiate it. But once again I have to come to you to find some answers.

Now that I have been able to successfully Test, Sign and Validate a driver vie HLK and the Partner Center, the latest question I have now is: How log are the drivers valid when they are signed by the Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibiity Publisher, so after they went through the Partner Center?

I downloaded the signed drivers and checked. To my surprise they were just valid until the 31. October of 2021. I don’t recall being able to set a validitiy date while submitting the driver to the partner center. So how long will they stay valid? Will I have to resubmit the drivers every three month? Or will they be resigned by the MWHCP every couple of month?

I could, once again, not find any info on this.

Thanks in advance.

They’re valid forever. I think the date you’re seeing is the date the certificate expires… which is not relevant. The cert expiration date only matters for checking to see if the binary was signed before the cert’s expiration.

Peter

1 Like

remember the timestamp server. Its role is to assert that the signing was done while the certificate was valid. After a binary has been signed by a valid certificate during its period of validity (as verified by the crypto timestamp) it remains valid forever. Even if that certificate is subsequently revoked or expires. Revoked and expired certificates can’t be used to sign new binaries, but the ones that they have already signed remain valid

1 Like

Thanks guys, these are some good news :slight_smile: