AppContainers_Tests is failed on Windows 11

Hello,

I’m preparing a driver to support Windows 11 (I’m using Windows 11 22000 as a test machine). The driver is listed as File System and Windows Filtering Platform.

For now all tests are passed except one - AppContainers_Tests (only Traffic test variation 10 is failed). This test is always failed with Traffic was unexpectedly blocked error. Even if the driver does nothing (I modified the driver and its DriverEntry just returns STATUS_SUCCESS without any other actions) the test is failed.

I tried to disable the built-in firewall during this test, but it is still failed. Also I run this test on built-in drivers mpsdrv.sys and wdnisdrv.sys - this test is failed for built-in drivers too.

I tried to upgrade my test machine to Windows 11 22449, but HLK wan’t able to recognize it, so I can’t say if the issue is fixed after upgrading.

In this test variation a client uses TCP address fe80::1:0:0:FE to connect to a server with InternetClient capabilities. In the next variation a client uses the same address with InternetClientServer capabilities, and this test is passed. So I suppose IPv6 is working.

Have anyone encountered this issue? Is there a way to safely ignore this test to pass certification?

there a way to safely ignore this test to pass certification?

Have you downloaded the latest “playlist”? This usually removes several tests like this that just don’t work.

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, today I downloaded the latest playlist. I’m using HLK Version 21H2 CompatPlaylist x64 ARM64.xml. Also I installed the latest filters. But the issue is still here :frowning:

Hello.

We had same issue with our WFP filter driver. As we can see, it is intended that test should use its own Sparta miniport to send traffic. But it does not disable physical interfaces and does not attempt to select proper network interface during testing. So it may happen it uses wrong interface and thus does not see its own traffic. It affects only Ipv6, as test uses link local IPv6 destination address.

As a workaround we changed IPv6 metric on physical NICs to make Sparta preferred interface for IPv6 link local traffic. After this change test succeeds.

1 Like

Hello @Ivan_Andreyev

As a workaround we changed IPv6 metric on physical NICs to make Sparta preferred interface for IPv6 link local traffic. After this change test succeeds.

This workaround works for me. Disabling IPv6 on a primary adapter also works.

Thanks a lot!