Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTFSD

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Significant delay at Windows welcome screen after minifilter install

muratmurat Member Posts: 2

I just installed software that utilizes minifilter or minifilters (developed by OSR, in fact), following which I noticed a significant delay at the Windows welcome screen during boot-up. On my laptop which has an SSD, the delay is about 2 minutes 45 seconds on each reboot.

I am pretty sure it's related to the minifilters. I am on Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.1110, and otherwise take good care of my system.

I'd like to know if this is normal, and if so, whether there's a workaround for it.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• muratmurat Member Posts: 2
    edited July 22
  • Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 8,668

This purpose of this forum, as you know for reading the Forum Guidelines, is to help professional developers of Windows system software. It is not to,provide end user support for any product.

Having said that: I’d file a bug with your software vendor. A 2 minute delay is in neither “normal” nor acceptable. Talk with your vendor.

This thread is closed.

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming OSR Seminars
OSR has suspended in-person seminars due to the Covid-19 outbreak. But, don't miss your training! Attend via the internet instead!
Internals & Software Drivers 15 November 2021 Live, Online
Writing WDF Drivers TBD Live, Online
Developing Minifilters 7 February 2022 Live, Online
Kernel Debugging 21 March 2022 Live, Online