[SYSVAD] Understanding on SYSVAD

Hi @oldschool69

Do you have any document on SYSVAD, from which i can get more clarity?
I have seen your “Help with design decision (using sysvad virtual driver as base)”, Would you mind sharing the same driver where you are able to send the mic data from client app to SYSVAD driver?

Appreciate for your help/inputs.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Why did you post this in the Admin section of the forum?

Moved to NTDEV…

Peter

For folks attempting to base work on SYSVAD, I point them to the ‘MirrorAudio’ project on GitHub … it’s a pretty good pared down version of SYSVAD that can give more clarity …

Regarding the mic data, you should be more specific as to where the mic is getting it’s data; is it a USB microphone, a physically attached microphone (like one on a laptop) or a virtual microphone (where you’re generating voice from a sythesizer like Amazon Alexa). Each of those have different ways to get the data into the SYSVAD driver …

The documentation for SYSVAD is the comments in the code. There are a lot of comments, but there’s no real document on the philosophy. The AudioMirror project that @craig_howard referred to is a nice refactoring. Rather than using a backdoor, it routes it’s input to it’s output. So, you could feed your mic data into the virtual speaker, and it would appear in the client app as the virtual mic.

Thanks @craig_howard , @Tim_Roberts for your comments.
@craig_howard Would you like to point me to the exact github link for ‘MirrorAudio’ project?

Thanks,
Sumeet

https://github.com/JannesP/AudioMirror and it’s MIT license …

ETA: fixed the link

1 Like