Change block tracking of CSV volumes

Hi All,

I’m trying to implement CBT volume filter driver for CSV volumes and went through this link **“https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Failover-Clustering/Cluster-Shared-Volume-CSV-Inside-Out/ba-p/371872” **.
Based on my understanding I attached to CSVVBus stack and metadata stack and I can track IOs happening on CSV volumes. Hope these two are correct places to track IOs of CSV volume. Can anyone please confirm if am on correct path.

Also I’m struggling to map the CSV volume device between CSVVbus and Metadata stack, is there any unique id maintained by OS which I can be used to map the CSV volume device on these stacks? On CSVVbus stack I’m seeing device name as \Device\CSVVolume0 and with GUID listed in mountvol and metadata stack it is like \Device\HarddiskVolumeX without GUID. From device tree I can see both devices has same Volume serial number, Can we securely rely on this field for mapping?

Thanks,
Sunil.

1 Like

Hello. Have u found answers? I need the info too, to which CSV device on the stack I should attach my minifilter

Hello. You are following-up a question that’s almost two years old. I suspect that the OP isn’t watching for any replies.

If you have a question, please start a new thread.

Peter

(closing this thread)