How can i tell if a driver is signed with an EV certificate?

I apologize for this rookie question, but lets say there is a signed driver, how can i tell if this driver is signed using an EV certificate? is it possible?

I tried to find anything related to the certificate being EV in the digital signature details of the file, but couldn’t find any?

Google is your friend: Here.

Peter

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:
Google is your friend: Here.

Peter

The answer on that forum is really, really vague. it doesn’t even answer the question that was asked.

“As for checking it yourself, you could copy the code for deciding if it considers it EV validation from Chromium code, for instance. Although the policies that are considered EV may differ between Chromium and Windows, though.” what?? check it from chromium code?! The guy says being EV appears in certificate policy but doesn’t explain how can i properly check if its EV or not?

Is there any simple steps that one can take, when given a driver file as input, to see if this driver is signed with an EV certificate, without needing to go through the source code of chromium ?!

If i don’t see the OID “2.23.140.1.1” in the certificate policy, does this mean its not an EV certificate?

As the thread says: You need to look for specific OIDs. The OIDs that are issued that designate EV are unique to the CA. Google around a bit and you’ll see how it all works.

Peter