Some driver submission are missing in the Dashboard list

I’m developing a script for automated HCK/HLK submissions. Instead of using the C# samples, I went for Python+httplib for sending the appropriate API requests. The script itself works fine: it creates a new product and submission, uploads the package, waits for the signing to complete, and downloads the resulting ZIP.

However, the web Dashboard seems to have some issues displaying such submissions. When I open the main Drivers page (/hardware/Search), some of these submissions are not present in the list. Some of them appear later, in a few hours; others have not appeared yet, even though 4 days passed already. It’s not some local cache, because my co-worker checked from a completely different location, and saw the same. It’s not “the latest submissions take time to appear, just wait”, because some of the newer submissions are already displayed in the list, while some of the older ones are still missing. The submissions themselves are perfectly normal, I can open them using the direct link received from the API, and all the information is there. Just in case, I fetched the product and submission API data for two submissions: one visible, and one missing. No difference between them (apart from the IDs, of course).

These submissions are displayed on the “Driver List Page (all)” page (/hardware?newSearch=false), but it’s not as useful as the main search page. And of course, these submissions are present in the list I receive via the API request “GET /products”. I tried to specify a few filters on the main search page, but none of them revealed anything that was not present there already.

Is there any information on why this may happen, and how can I prevent it from happening?

I have some submissions that are not listed a year after even, and not even
on the All page.

I am puzzled, too, but before automation I never paid attention to this.

I don’t have any words of wisdom, but it’d sure be cool if you could share your automated submission code :slight_smile:

@Shane_Corbin said:
I don’t have any words of wisdom, but it’d sure be cool if you could share your automated submission code :slight_smile:

I’d like to, but the company I work in is a bit cautious about putting our internal tools to public. I’ll check with my supervisor, whether it’s possible.

In any case, that wasn’t rocket science, but a pretty straight-forward implementation. Send a GET/POST/PUT request, read and parse the JSON result. And use this procedure for performing the exact steps listed by Microsoft. The real issue is processing the errors, especially with weird cases. For example, I send a request to create submission, and receive the error 500. I then retry the request, and this time the response tells me, that the submission has already been created… So, while the main code is ready, there’s still a lot to do for turning this skeleton into a reliable production-ready tool.

There are two MS samples, in C#, to handle submissions. They require
some minimal modifications for most people.
This thread has some more information:
https://community.osr.com/discussion/comment/300224#Comment_300224

I have modified it to upload a .CAB file and wait for Attestation
signing and download the resulting .ZIP file; but since we do not plan
to do anything other than that, I am not sure how much work it is to
modify it for HLK submissions.

Funny enough, it was only now that I automated that process, and now I
am almost certain I will not be doing Windows drivers much longer :slight_smile:
(not the topic, but I see Windows going nowhere soon, and Windows 10
is soooooooooooooo bad for visually impaired people, that I just
cannot take it… I still use Windows 7 for now, but that won’t work
for long)

Dejan.

On 2/26/21, Shane_Corbin wrote:
> OSR https://community.osr.com/
> I don’t have any words of wisdom, but it’d sure be cool if you could share
> your automated submission code