Can't include <d3dkmdt.h> in a UMDF project (but need D3DKMDT_VIDEO_SIGNAL_STANDARD typedef)

Microsoft documentation for the D3DKMDT_VIDEO_SIGNAL_STANDARD type refers to d3dkmdt.h, but including that header directly (at least, in a UMDF project) yields a compiler error message:

1>c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\10\include\10.0.17763.0\shared\d3dkmdt.h(20): fatal error C1189: #error:  This header should not be included directly!

Anyone know which header file(s) to include in order to get the definition for this type?

Go look at the source file. It can’t be included directly, but you can see the list of 7 different include files you can use.

I tried that already, unfortunately:

#include <d3dkmddi.h>
//#include <d3dkmddi_pext.h>
//#include <dxgdmm.h>
//#include <vidpriv.h>
//#include <dispmprt.h>
//#include <dmm_diag.h>
//#include <d3dkmthk.h>

#include <d3dkmdt.h> // D3DKMDT_VIDEO_SIGNAL_STANDARD

d3dkmddi.h is the include path, but including it prior to d3dkmdt.h yields a compiler error (MDL type undefined):

1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\shared\d3dkmddi.h(3739): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\shared\d3dkmddi.h(3739): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

dispmprt.h and d3dkmthk.h are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\km\, which isn’t in my (UMDF project) include path. I’m assuming it’s not a good idea to include kernel-mode-specific headers in a user-mode driver project…

The other four don’t seem to exist.

Follow Up from Microsoft (as an FYI for anyone reading this later):

You are correct that you cannot include this file in an indirect display project. The Indirect Display Sample simply adds the hard-coded numerical value of 255 (D3DKMDT_VSS_OTHER) for videoStandard. If you don’t want to hard-code the value, the dev team suggested that one approach would be to copy the D3DKMDT_VIDEO_SIGNAL_STANDARD definition to your project.