Missing Signature in Microsoft Partner Center Dashboard

I have administrator’s account, so I uploaded my certificate (downloaded SignableFile.bin, signed it and uploaded back).
And I also signed driver’s files (.sys and .cat), but I still have error “MissingSignature”!
What is the problem?

Is this for attestation signing? You don’t have to sign your SYS and CAT (you don’t need a CAT at all – they will discard yours and build a new one from scratch), but you do have to sign the cabinet file that you upload. Are you creating a CAB with your driver files in the required format?

@Tim_Roberts said:
Is this for attestation signing? You don’t have to sign your SYS and CAT (you don’t need a CAT at all – they will discard yours and build a new one from scratch), but you do have to sign the cabinet file that you upload. Are you creating a CAB with your driver files in the required format?

So, I understood what was the problem, so now I have another one…

I have .cab file with .sys, .pdb, .inf and .cat files inside. But on validation step I got an error (“There are files at the root of the cabinet: kmdfagent.cat, USBAgentFilter.cer, USBAgentFilter.sys, USBFilter.inf.”). Does it mean that the struction of .cab file is incorrect? So and what structure should be?

Read the docs, please: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/dashboard/attestation-signing-a-kernel-driver-for-public-release

Hint: MakeCab is a PITA. I much prefer IZArc, which can create CAB files without the mess.

Peter

The docs don’t necessarily emphasize it, but your top-level directory must consist of nothing other than directories. If you only have one driver package, then the top level must be a single directory. The name doesn’t matter. I generally use “driver1”.

1 Like