serial port configuration problem with usbser.sys

Hi,

I did an INF file to use the USBSER DRIVER with a USB Receipt Printer Device.

I can send data to the Printer without problem, but when I try to configure the serial port, an error is returned.

Does this DRIVER accept to be configured as baud rate, data bit, stop bit, etc.?

I know that USB port don’t use this kind of configuration, but I need that the DRIVER accept this configuration even don’t doing nothing.

Thanks,

I know that USB port don’t use this kind of configuration, but I need that the DRIVER accept this configuration even don’t doing nothing.

Yes. If your printer’s firmware neglects this, please fix it.
By the same opportunity you can fix the device descriptors to install the usbser driver without INF
(I don’t remember how exactly - by adding the “Microsoft descriptor” or just specify the USB interface class suitable for usbser).

– pa

@Pavel_A said:

Yes. If your printer’s firmware neglects this, please fix it.
By the same opportunity you can fix the device descriptors to install the usbser driver without INF
(I don’t remember how exactly - by adding the “Microsoft descriptor” or just specify the USB interface class suitable for usbser).

– pa

It’s not possible.