The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.
Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/
Hi Dear Team,
Need some help in identifying and validating the approach for one of our following requirement:
We have a Pentium x64 based single board computer appliance with few USB interface.
We want to write the software (kernel or user mode) to:
1) Detect after USB device get connected to USB interface
2) After detection we want to identify the type of device connected (keyboard, mouse, storage device etc)
3) a) If USB device connected is USB storage device, we want to scan the files on the connected USB storage drive
b) Delete black listed file (e.g. executable files) if available on usb device.
For above requirement we think we can do following:
1) Write USB host controller filter driver to detect and identify the the usb device connected
2) For usb storage device, write the file system filter driver to scan the files and delete the black listed files
Is this high level approach for the above requirement correct?
Is this doable in user mode using UMDF?
We know the WDF framework (KMDF and UMDF) at high-level and wrote few sample filter drivers earlier.
We have osr learning kit (usb and pci) and we are trying to get some hands on on USB driver with the sample driver available.
Seeking expert comments on the approach or if possible any alternative approaches will be of great help to validate the same.
Thanks in advance.
|Upcoming OSR Seminars|
|OSR has suspended in-person seminars due to the Covid-19 outbreak. But, don't miss your training! Attend via the internet instead!|
|Writing WDF Drivers||7 Dec 2020||LIVE ONLINE|
|Internals & Software Drivers||25 Jan 2021||LIVE ONLINE|
|Developing Minifilters||8 March 2021||LIVE ONLINE|