Attestation erros

Hi,

What is the current place we can find the submission logs on HW Dashboard, after a submission fails? I know it was always messy, and took ages to find, always changed… but I cannot find it now at all, so I have no clue why it fails.

TIA, Dejan.

Ehm :frowning: I noticed I had a similar question on the board in January… and nothing changed.
The preparation phase gives no indication why it failed, and I will need to keep guessing :frowning:

How in the world does the internet work, when even something as important as driver signing is done as a “let them figure it out” project :slight_smile:

So far, from experience, the reason I know why the preparation phase can fail are:

• CAB file not being signed (drivers need not be signed).
  • INF file missing (if the INF file is invalid, IIRC, it will go the next stage and actually provide log info why the INF check failed instead)
    Nothing else… can someone confirm if these will fail the attestationg submission (in any phase, not just the Preparation):
  • Test signing the drivers and .cat file
  • Missing .cat file
  • Only x86 or only x64 subfolder, and only x86/x64 target selected (this should work?)
  • INF file having $NTARCH$ (or whatever the precise macro is…) in some sections.

If anyone has a list of other things that can fail, please add them to this thread… I think it will be useful to have a list, as a lot of the errors are not even shown to us, and we can just guess…

Attestation erros

I, personally, don’t have much “erros” for attestation signing. Just sayin’

Peter

Oh how I wish it were just typos :smiley:

Has anyone been able to submit a driver this week for attestation? I’m having a build, that previously got atteststion signed, fail now on Preparation page

Noone saw the post, or noone successfully submitted?:slight_smile:

Given that this thread has been read 44 times (as of the time of this posting)… I’m willing to be nobody’s submitted a driver for attestation signing this week.

It can be MONTHS between our submissions…

Peter

OK, there seems to be something really wrong here…
I have submitted the ORIGINAL package, that was successfully signed and attestation signed in February. That package now fails saying "For a Windows 10 submission, the input package and the included files must be signed with sha256 signature algorithm.
"
And the package and the binaries (.sys and .cat) are def. signed with SHA256 (/fd sha256 /td sha256) and verified with signtool /v /kp.

What in the world?

NVM… I love banigng my head for days, and solving something 10 seconds after I post a specific question :slight_smile:
The certificate the admin used for signing was with a SHA1 root… I will … them :slight_smile:
Them being MS, for being vague about errors!