Isolation Minifilter - after file saved every time, notepad++ noticed file modified by external proc

Isolation filters are manufactured using mini filters. After fixing a bug in which the file size changes according to the PageSize when saving, this time, a notification that the file has been changed externally appears every time the file is saved.

File write time changes after IRP_MJ_WRITE and Paging I/O, but there is no trace of additional change in file write time since then. I don’t know why the process perceives that it has changed externally.

full IRP list was attched.

my code : GitHub - jgh0721/Win-IO-Monitor: Windows IO Monitor( by using minifilter ) , 0afd16a204ab8bb2e6950f580cd37f3ea9518895

Applications usually detect changes using Directory Change Notifications. You can use this utility to see the change notifications during save:

https://github.com/OSRDrivers/dirchange

Compare the notifications you see with and without your filter. This won’t give you an answer but should give you a place to start looking.

First, Thanks. i will check my driver by dirchange.

Recently, I fixed a problem with Notepad++.exe. By the way, this time I had the same problem with SynWrite.exe.

Also, this problem only occurred on Windows XP. It did not happen on Windows 7, Windows 10 x86 I tested.

SynWrite has its source code publicly available, it opens a file handle to check file changes, calls QueryDirectory(FileBasicInformation), and closes the handle. Repeat this action every second.

To guess, SynWrite seems to use FileLastWriteTime, etc. acquired through FileBasicInformation, but there was no problem with the return value.