WinDbg using Network: Does the subnet ID of the host and target have to be the same?

I do the below settings on the target. then save the key go to the host and use the key and it just works. However recently it did not work. My friends told me that the subnet ID has to match. That means xxxx.yyyy.abcd,ghij and xxxx.yyyy.sdkf.qerr will work but xxxx.yyyy.abcd,ghij and xxxx.yyyz.sdkf.qerr will not work as the subnet ID’s are different
10.7.189.63 cannot talk to 10.54.82.233 because the subnet ID 10.7 does not match with 10.54. Earlier I never worried about this and I did not see any place MSFT mentioning this. So please tell me if the recent WinDbg’s have become subnet ID sensitive. Thanks
bcdedit /debug on
bcdedit /dbgsettings net hostip:w.x.y.z port:n
bcdedit /set “{dbgsettings}” busparams b.d.f

It is true that your debug host has to be on the same subnet as your debug target. That has always been true.

However, you cannot tell from an IP address what its subnet is. In the original numbering scheme, 10.x.x.x was a class A address, which means the subnet mask was 255.0.0.0, so every 10.x.x.x address was on the same subnet. It is quite likely that your IT department has subdivided this region into smaller subnets. You can use “ipconfig” to find that information.