Reader view doesn’t work for forums in safari on iPad

Hello!
Sometimes I save discussions that I’m reading to pdf. Saved pdf looks much nicer to read when saved with “show reader view” on in browser.
However reader view disabled for community.osr.com
Works on root osr.com

Is it possible to enable reader view for forums ?

This reproduces on iPad in safari.

Ps: It is interesting that reader view is available during new topic creation :slight_smile:

I noticed that for some threads reader view is available.
However it only show one post, not necessarily first one.

Yeah… I’ve always found Reader View to be a hit or miss thing on certain web sites.

It clearly has something to do with multiple posts. If you got to a thread that has a single post in it (like the pinned one on the ExAllocatePoolZero) the Reader View is offered and works nicely.

I can ask the folks who run the site for us what they think… but we have no direct control over major site layout issues.

Peter

Ask them please, Peter !
Maybe it is easy to fix this problem and they just didn’t bother to look into this.

Sure, no problem.

I’ve asked. I bet they’re going to “add it to the backlog”… which is basically the stock answer I get these days from everyone.

But, I have at least sent them the issue!

Peter

Thank you !

They’re going to “have a developer investigate” the issue.

Their devs are very good… the only question is whether this is something they’ll want to spend time making work.

Peter

From the support team:

Our Product Head says it will be a difficult implementation to add the reader view but believes yours is an interesting usecase. They went and filed it as a feature request!.

So, yeah. The request has been heard, at least.

That is the best I can do,

Peter

Thank you !