Using SysVAD to simulate interface with OS Speech Platform

Hi,

I need to implement a solution that interact with Microsoft voice assistant system.
According to MSDN I need to implement a “keyword detector” COM and an audio driver with the “Wave RT” enhancements.
Microsoft urge to use the SysVAD sample as a base driver for this purpose.
Does anyone used this sample to interact with the speech platform?
I saw that the COM was installed, but I’m not sure how I can run this sample to make it interact with the speech platform via the “keyword detector” COM.
Do you know if in order to interact with the speech platform, my driver need to export full regular mic interface or it can only inject audio stream when a keyword is detected by the HW.
any help or points to look at will be great.

Thanks,
Sagi

In the HLK, you can run tests that run by just calling the COM interface directly in the driver, that is the KeywordDetector COM DLL and the SoundDetector properties.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but I’m not looking on how to test the code.
I want to understand what makes the OS call the COM interface.
I have a HW that is capable of doing key word spotting and raise an interrupt once a specific phrase is said and send the buffered data to the driver.
What I want now is to implement the needed interface to integrate this with Windows voice assistant.
I’m trying to learn this from the sysvad sample, but fail to make the OS interact with the voice assistant interface in the COM or the audio driver.
Any suggestions or guidance will be great.
Thanks,
Sagi

COM usually refers to Component Object Model (a UM concept) or a standard kind of serial port. I don’t understand either in the context of this question, but I suspect the UM concept given the re the user of the word interface. I have no idea of what your problem is, but this might help to clarify your problem - usually an important precursor to solving one

Audio drivers use the concept of COM interfaces in both user-mode and kernel-mode.

I learn somthing new every day

1 Like

@sagi_zar said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but I’m not looking on how to test the code.
I want to understand what makes the OS call the COM interface.
I have a HW that is capable of doing key word spotting and raise an interrupt once a specific phrase is said and send the buffered data to the driver.
What I want now is to implement the needed interface to integrate this with Windows voice assistant.
I’m trying to learn this from the sysvad sample, but fail to make the OS interact with the voice assistant interface in the COM or the audio driver.
Any suggestions or guidance will be great.
Thanks,
Sagi

If this mail is not too late, I think the sysvad sample won’t interact properly with the OS. The sysvad sample also won’t send an event when the keyword is spoken. You need to pass a test of OEMVerification.exe -v in order for the APOs to be loaded properly.