Sysdriver: How to capture Input data and play user audio application data

Yes sir, But, nodes are already NULL in given topology. Is below function you were suggesting me delete?Otherwise, can you paste here the function name, which needs to be deleted

//=============================================================================
static
PCFILTER_DESCRIPTOR SpeakerTopoMiniportFilterDescriptor =
{
0, // Version
&AutomationSpeakerTopoFilter, // AutomationTable
sizeof(PCPIN_DESCRIPTOR), // PinSize
SIZEOF_ARRAY(SpeakerTopoMiniportPins), // PinCount
SpeakerTopoMiniportPins, // Pins
sizeof(PCNODE_DESCRIPTOR), // NodeSize
0, // NodeCount
NULL, // Nodes
SIZEOF_ARRAY(SpeakerTopoMiniportConnections), // ConnectionCount
SpeakerTopoMiniportConnections, // Connections
0, // CategoryCount
NULL // Categories
};

Sigh. Do you know how KS properties work? The client asks, “do you support this?,” and if you say yes, it know it can use the property. So, you need to find where it is responding to KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL and stop it from doing so.

Thank You sir for helping me out,

All voulme controls are working fine. I got the attestation signing for the driver and it is getting installed in few win10 x64 laptops and working properly. But in few systems, even it is installed, virtual audio driver is not visible in Volume control.

My Virtual Driver name is ClearVoiceMvns
In device manager the under** sound&Volume&cgame controller** . It is in yellow mark. And in details of the driver, it is error number 52. And it is not able to recognize the digital signature.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

As I searched in net, it is because of windows software updates. After disabling secure boot, it is working properly.
Can you suggest me any way, so that it can able to recognize the digital sign without disabling the secure boot?

Advance Thanks

HI sir, I could able to resolve that signing problem by referring some forums.

Can we change sysvad speaker and mic icon using programically or inf file? or Any other is way has to be followed. can you suggest me,sir

Nope. That’s assigned per device class.

Nope. That’s assigned per device class

Yes, Can we create some dll for icon so that it will appear with our device after installation? I am trying, but not able to get any idea how to get an icon for my device. Can you give me some insights?

In the installation time itself I wanted to use my .ico file instead of default device’s icon. I don’t have idea how dll can interact with our driver for icon. If you have any procedure,please share with us.

Advance Thanks

The answer is still “nope”.

Yeah…Got that after referring some forums …

we installed on many build versions of windows and running successfully but
while installing in windows which is having Portcls.sys of 10.0.10240.16384.
Build Version - 10240
Even original sysvad is not getting installed in this version.

we are getting this error
IID_IPortClsStreamResourceManager2 - failed what could be the reason?

can it be solved by upgrading ? or Any other solution…

Thanks

10240 is the original release of Windows 10. It is extremely unlikely that you will find any of those in the wild. Microsoft’s aggressive upgrade policy ensures that.

Remember, when you build a driver, you specify in the project file which version you’re targeting. If you targeted a later version, it’s possible you’re using an API that isn’t exposed yet. I always build for Windows 8.1 or even Windows 7.

(not to quibble, but something I myself just discovered: The Enterprise SKU of Windows 1507 — build 10240 — is an LTSB, and is supported through some time in 2025. I kid you not.)

Yes sir, Sysvad is not getting build for target 10240 version…

Audio Gain Problem creating By Audio Engine:
We have given Volume control to the Audio engine by removing mic node as you suggested. Volume controls are working fine.

My Observations are:
As we have given volume control to audio engine, it is boosting up the Audio signal after audio is fed to sysvad? Even we record silence, we are able to hear some noise through speakers since some gain is being applied on data. So I assume that audio engine is applying some gain over our audio.

We captured audio by Inbuilt mic 
   Again, The same data we feed to Virtual Driver using some application(We are not using any gain). Now, Audio gain of both Inbuilt and Virtual Device is not same.

How to Bypass gain controller with sysvad or how to set dB  range minimum -96db and maximum 0 db? 

Advance Thanks,
Dinesh

I can’t tell what you mean. If you don’t supply a volume control, the Audio Engine supplies one, as you say. For a speaker, that volume control is applied before you receive the data. For a microphone, that volume control is supplied after you send the data. It has to be that way.

If you don’t want the system to adjust your microphone output, then add the microphone node back in and ignore the setting.

If you don’t want the system to adjust your microphone output, then add the microphone node back in and ignore the setting

We added the microphone node back in and controlling the volume by Processing application with wasapi. Its working fine.

Do we need to clean the registry, every time we uninstall the driver? Because we observing the blue screens if we try to install the driver which is uninstalled previously.And if we clean the registry we are getting normal. Or anything is effecting these installation files?,sir

Advance Thanks
Dinesh

You shouldn’t need to “clean the registry”, whatever that means. If you get a blue screen on a second install, then you have a bug, and you should investigate.

Otherwise in one case:
If we install without uninstalling previous version, it is crashing …Whether we can take care this scenario i.e system should not crash and it should throw error like already installed …in case someone trying this once

we added in the installation script before installation steps------devcon.exe remove =MEDIA Driver_NAME
still it is crashing.

After crash, we cleaned registry then it is working fine, so,any alternative to this case sir. Or,only any bug in driver code is creating this problem?.

Hi Dinesh,

Sorry for bothering, I’m facing the same problem that you had deal with that I always get error code -2 after calling CreateFile with the audio driver path obtain from CM_Get_Device_Interface_List.
Would you please share how you resolve this problem? And if possible would you please also share the IOCTL scenes that you use?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I always get error code -2

Windows does not use negative error numbers. Do you mean error code 2, ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND? One common newbie mistake that can lead to that is to fetch the file name as Unicode and try to pass it to CreateFileA, or vice versa. Perhaps you should show us the code where you call CM_Get_Device_Interface_List and CreateFile.

Hi Tim,

Yes, you are right, that is a mistake and I mean error code 2 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND as you mention, thanks for you correction.

And here is the code pieces I use to get the file name and attempt to open it.

int FindAndOpenDevice(void)
{
    GUID guid = { 0x96b4c8f2L, 0xeb14, 0x4a80, 0xa6, 0x11, 0x07, 0xfa, 0xc1, 0x07, 0x29, 0xa8 };
    CONFIGRET cr;
    PWSTR DeviceInterfaceList = NULL;
    ULONG DeviceInterfaceListLength = 0;

cr = CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size(
        &DeviceInterfaceListLength,
        &guid,
        NULL,
        CM_GET_DEVICE_INTERFACE_LIST_ALL_DEVICES
    );

if (cr != CR_SUCCESS) {
        wprintf(L"fail to get interface list size\n");
        return -1;
    }

DeviceInterfaceList = (PWSTR)HeapAlloc(
        GetProcessHeap(),
        HEAP_ZERO_MEMORY,
        DeviceInterfaceListLength * sizeof(WCHAR));

if (DeviceInterfaceList == NULL) {
        wprintf(L"allocate interface list buffer fail\n");
        return -2;
    }

cr = CM_Get_Device_Interface_List(
        &guid,
        NULL,
        DeviceInterfaceList,
        DeviceInterfaceListLength,
        CM_GET_DEVICE_INTERFACE_LIST_ALL_DEVICES);

if (cr != CR_SUCCESS) {
        wprintf(L"fail to get interface list\n");
        return -3;
    }

wprintf(L"%s\n", DeviceInterfaceList);

HANDLE hDev = INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;

hDev = CreateFile(
        DeviceInterfaceList,
        FILE_GENERIC_READ,
        NULL,
        OPEN_EXISTING,
        NULL
    );

if (hDev == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) {
        wprintf(L"fail to open device (0x%X)\n", GetLastError());
        return -4;
    }

CloseHandle(hDev);
}

Through above function, I will get the console output (compiled with Unicode character set)

\\?\ROOT#MEDIA#0001#{96b4c8f2-eb14-4a80-a611-07fac10729a8}
fail to open device (0x2)

I also try to execute the program as administrator, but it looks no difference.
Please advise me if there are anything need to check, thank you.

Did you call IoSetDeviceInterfaceState in your driver to make the interface active? Are you intercepting IRP_MJ_CREATE in your driver so you can handle these opens? The default Port Class handler expects other information after the file name and won’t know what to do with this.

You probably want to pass FILE_GENERIC_READ|FILE_GENERIC_WRITE, assuming you’ll need to send data in both directions.

Hi Tim,

I did call IoSetDeviceInterfaceState to activate the interface right after calling IoRegisterDeviceInterface.
But i guess i had missing the intercepting IRP_MJ_CREATE part, I will make this part up and check whether the issue gone.
Thank you very much for your valuable advice.