Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Can I skip some test in HLK for a virtual audio driver?

luganglugang Member Posts: 12
edited July 5 in NTDEV

Hi, I created a virtual micphone device based on one of Microsoft's audio driver sample
Now I need to submit the driver for sign, and I learned that I need to first pass the HLK test
I then ran the HLK test and there were 50 failed test cases, for example:> Failed DF - PNP Remove Device Test (Development and Integration)
Then I start to check how to fix these issues, then I learned that I need to prepare the test env like below
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/testref/audio-device-testing-prerequisites

So here my question is: what I am build is a virtual mic device, do I need to pass all the tests?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,627

Whether or not you really need the HLK testing, you should DEFINITELY be able to pass all of the PNP tests. That failure indicates a problem.

If you submit for attestation signing, you don't need any extra equipment.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• Mark_RoddyMark_Roddy Member - All Emails Posts: 4,374
    via Email
    And of course if you use attestation signing you are restricted to w10
    generation systems.

Mark Roddy
  • luganglugang Member Posts: 12

@Tim_Roberts @Mark_Roddy _Roddy
    Thanks very much for your help

So from my understanding for win10 I can use attestation signing for driver and no need to pass HLK test, right?

And for sure I will check the hlk test result and make sure some of them(which suitiable for my virtual driver)
    will be passed

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,627

Yes, if you don't care about anything before Windows 10, then attestation signing will work fine.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.