Audio Descriptors without Feature units

can I get the descriptors for a audio device without feature units?

What are you asking? Are you asking how to read the descriptors for an audio device? Or are you asking for sample descriptors to copy? Your request doesn’t make sense to me. It’s easy to remove feature units from an existing set of descriptors, or to write descriptors from scratch that don’t happen to have feature units.

Thanks Tim for your response and time.I want a sample audio descriptors without feature units.

Forgive me for saying so, but your request is a bit odd. Do you already have a set of audio descriptors? The units in an Audio Control interface descriptor set are all just a singly-linked list, starting from an Input Terminal and ending at an Output Terminal. Each unit (except the Input Terminal) has a link to the previous unit. All you have to do is remove the feature unit descriptor, fix up the link, and adjust the wTotalLength field in the interface descriptor. It’s certainly not hard.

Thank you Tim for your response.ok I will do that.I have doubt if I remove the feature unit descriptor ,should I need the remove the mixer unit and selector unit also or removing the feature unit is enough?And also I want to know what will be the gain after removing the feature unit from the descriptors?whether the windows will handle all the volume control request?

You did not use a name here. Are you the same person who has been emailing me over the past couple of weeks? Don’t you think it would have been smart to tell me that, so I have some context?

should I need the remove the mixer unit and selector unit also or removing the feature unit is enough?

Enough for what? We can’t answer that without knowing your goal. If you are the person who has been emailing me, and your goal is to get Windows to take over your volume control, then removing the feature unit is enough. However, the descriptors you sent me were complicated. Did you copy them from somewhere else? If you don’t understand WHY you have a mixer unit and a selector unit, then you need to take a step back and figure out what you DO need.

Thank you Tim.I want the windows to take over the control of volume of my device.This is my overall goal and nothing else.