NDIS 1C_Kernel calls failing

API calls IoOpenDeviceRegistryKey and IoGetAttachedDeviceReference are being complained in the log. What are the calls that could replace these in order to pass this test?

are being complained in the log

Can you tell us, please, specifically what the “complaint” is? What type of driver are you testing? For what type of device?

Peter

So, the error log is as below:

Failed on function call to IoOpenDeviceRegistryKey in module NTOSKRNL.EXE. Do not use this call
Failed on function call to IoGetAttachedDeviceReference in module NTOSKRNL.EXE. Do not use this call

I do not see any replacement calls that I can use in this instance.

I am testing Virtual miniport driver which is attached to a physical device that supports Ethernet.

You’re writing a NDIS Virtual Miniport, I assume… not an StorPort virtual MiniPort?

In NDIS drivers, you are limited to calling functions a subset of functions, mostly those that that the NDIS wrapper provides… these start with the letters NdisMXxx. So… if you need to pass the WHQL tests, you’re going to have to find suitable alternatives.

I’d you do NOT need to pass the WHQL tests for logo, it doesn’t matter what functions you call.

Peter

Yes, it is NDIS Virtual Miniport.

Let me try to find an alternative.

NdisOpenConfigurationEx would be the rough equivalent of opening the Registry key.

In terms of attaching to “IoGetAttachedDeviceReference” … I’d be very surprised if there was any NDIS equivalent. I guess the next question would be “why are you calling this function”?

I don’t dare give any more advice on this topic, given that NDIS is an area requiring specialization and experience… and I have no relevant or recent NDIS experience.

The good news is that we do have NDIS experts here who can help,

Peter