Regarding WLK Testing

I wanted to support my driver in windows 2019 flavour now which was earlier supported in windows 10 . My HLK passed for windows 10 flavour. However it fails for windows 2019.
Can I submit my driver package with just windows 10 HLK package and use it in my windows 2019 machine?

Note: I have another driver wherein I had signed it 3 years back by Microsoft. I did not run HLK for windows 2019 at that point . That driver stills loads in windows 2019 machine.

But I would like to get a confirmation or pointers from this group. Is it mandatory that I need to run my HLK for windows 2019 to load drivers in windows 2019 machine?

Regards,
Vidhya

@Durgesh_Tiwari you’re posting — multiple times — in the Administration section… which is used to ask questions of the mods.

So… please post in NTDEV. I’ve moved your posts.

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Hi all,
I have another doubt. Hoping for answers in this group.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/

The above link says for Windows Server 2019 we should use HLK 1809 and for windows server 16 we should use HLK 1607.
and for windows 10 1903 and 1909 version we should use HLK 1903.

we support all flavours of OS(server 2019, server 16 and windows 10). Should I run HLK with these different versions of HLK.
I am planning to run HLK for windows 10 flavour. Use the same driver in other flavours.
This is how my driver is running currently on multiple OS flavours.
However I dont see the need for multiple versions of HLK . Could anybody point me the link on why the need for multiple version of HLK when a driver signed for windows 10 and a version of HLK can be used in windows 2016 and 2019.

Regards,
Drgesh

Microsoft has never made this very clear. In practical terms, it really doesn’t matter very much. As long as you’ve passed some version of the HLK, you can get a signature for any of the current systems (Win 10, Server 2016, Server 2019). You do need a separate HCK run if you need to sign for the older systems as well.

Thanks Tim for the update. This really helps.