Computer for DFx testing

Our customer asked us to update driver for DFx (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/introduction-to-the-directed-power-management-framework). OK, that’s easy for WDF driver so I did it and now I’d like to test it. It seems as PwrTest /directedfx is the way. And here the problem arises. No computer in our office can be used for this purpose. PwrTest complains they don’t support AoAc. No one including the newest (HP) laptops.

We could buy such a machine but which one? Does anybody know about a machine where this test works? Or some other way how to test it?

If I read it right Lenovo IdeaPad S300, S400, S400 Touch, S400u are described as supporting AoAc, but haven’t tried any of those.

How about a Surface?

Only a small percentage of PCs supported connected standby. Surface Pro idles in S0, as far as I know. I can check my Surface Pro 4 tomorrow…

Peter

We had this idea but we’re not sure if AoAc is supported there. It should be but you know… If you can check it, it’d be great.

Thanks,

Michal

If I read it right Lenovo IdeaPad S300, S400, S400 Touch, S400u are described as supporting AoAc, but haven’t tried any of those.

We have some Lenovo laptop in the office and PwrTest didn’t want to work there. But I’m not sure what type it is (I’ll check it). Thanks for the idea.

Michal

From my Surface Pro 4:

Looks good, thanks :slight_smile:

Could you try to run it with /directedfx parameter? It seems to check for AoAc even without other parameters and complains immediatelly when it isn’t supported.

(I wish I had seen this earlier in the day… but I was teaching today. It’ll have to wait for Monday, I’m afraid).

No problem, there is no hurry :slight_smile:

Thank you.

HI @Michal_Vodicka ,
What system did you find to test on?

Thanks,
Eric

A prototype from our customer (OEM). Can’t be purchased, yet, sorry.