Windows NT Device Driver

Hi everyone
I’m looking for a attached diskette of the book “The Windows NT Device Driver Book: A Guide for Programmers by: Art H Baker”, would you please help me to find content of this book?
Regards

No, really, you don’t want that. That book was published in 1996. Babies born after it was published have already graduated from college. It describes a time before KMDF, and even before WDM. The Windows world, is very, very different now.

What are you trying to learn?

Dear Tim, You’re right, but I’m working on an old ISA device and I have to write Device driver on Windows NT! :slight_smile: :wink:

Do you mean NT 4.0? I find that almost impossible to believe. Even ReactOS would be an upgrade from that. Where are you going to find an SDK and DDK? I happen to have them, but I’m a dinosaur.

Believe! I found DDK and SDK for Windows NT.4! But I did not find the Art disc. Of course I’m more like a dinosaur. I bought this book and its next edition over twenty years ago, but unfortunately the source code of first edition was on floppy disk and now that floppy disk is corrupted.

Even ReactOS would be an upgrade

Yeah? No…

Forget the Baker book. If you want ancient history, you want this one!

Peter

@Tim_Roberts said:
Do you mean NT 4.0? I find that almost impossible to believe

I can confirm there are still organizations in 2019 in need of NT 4.0 device drivers and seeking out driver developers to do the job. Tends to be very specialized industries would be the best way to put it. Best to keep your old tools around longer just in case.

@Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)
It is a pleasure for me that Peter answers me! Yes dear Peter I will buy your book but I hope your book also has a lot of source code.

@Rourke
Thank you, You understand me very well! :slight_smile: <3

I can confirm there are still organizations in 2019 in need of NT 4.0 device drivers

We’ve seen orgs who need NT V4 drivers rewritten, so that they work on Windows 10. But I haven’t actually had anybody ask for a driver that works on anything older than Windows XP in many, many, years.

I hope your book also has a lot of source code

I’m sorry to say you will be disappointed, because It does not.

Long on explanations… short on code. And the code samples that DID exist or were available for download are, ah, “lost” somewhere.

Peter

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” Thank you Peter, of course I found the sample code of the 2nd ed of Art book, The windows 2000 device driver … that I think can solve my problem. If you want I can send it to you, because I think it is suitable for learning. Any way thanks for all.