FltRegisterFilter returns 2 "File not found"

Hello,

I have just created an empty miniFilter with Visual Studio 2019.
I have copied MyFsFilter.cat MyFsFilter.inf MyFsFilter.sys to a target machine and successfully registered it by the mean of OSR Driver Loader.

When i try to start it with OSR Driver Loader I will see in DebugView that DriverEntry invoked. But FltRegisterFilter fails with
Status 2 “File not found”.

How can i find what is missing ?

NTSTATUS
DriverEntry (
In PDRIVER_OBJECT DriverObject,
In PUNICODE_STRING RegistryPath
)

{
NTSTATUS status;

UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER( RegistryPath );

PT_DBG_PRINT( PTDBG_TRACE_ROUTINES,
              ("MyFsFilter!DriverEntry: try FltRegisterFilter\n") ); **/// OK I see this in DebugView**

status = FltRegisterFilter( DriverObject,
                            &FilterRegistration,
                            &gFilterHandle ); **/// not OK 2 file not found error**

//FLT_ASSERT( NT_SUCCESS( status ) );

if (NT_SUCCESS( status )) {

PT_DBG_PRINT(PTDBG_TRACE_ROUTINES,
                    ("MyFsFilter!DriverEntry: try FltStartFiltering\n"));

status = FltStartFiltering( gFilterHandle );

if (!NT_SUCCESS( status )) {

FltUnregisterFilter( gFilterHandle );
    }
}

return status;

}

Sincerely
Dmitry Rybakov

PS the same issue with SC.exe. SC.exe successfully creates a registration but SC.exe fails to start that service.

PPS
I tried Sysinternal PROCMON.exe to monitor file access but it does not peek into driver internals.

The usual reason is that you haven’t configured the registry correctly for filter manager. Procmon will show you that happening (filter on the registry key)

@rod_widdowson said:
The usual reason is that you haven’t configured the registry correctly for filter manager. Procmon will show you that happening (filter on the registry key)

Thank you for support,
I have correctly installed minifilter using .inf file and started it successfully.

The point was in [DefaultInstall] section. New version of Visual Studio reqiures architecture decoration. But after i deleted arch. decoration and installed .inf the service started.