Output audio analysis

Hello, I’m trying to analyze the outgoing audio to the speakers. How would I do that?

@EyalBer said:
Hello,
I’m trying to analyze the outgoing audio to the speakers. How would I do that?

Like analyzing to bass & treble values

Basically, what I’m trying to create is an equalizer…

What are you asking… really?

The way your question is currently worded, I want to answer “With an FFT”

Peter

> @“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said: > What are you asking… really? > > The way your question is currently worded, I want to answer “With an FFT” > > Peter What I’m asking is how do I get the output audio data that’s going into the speakers with an audio filter.

… how do I get the output audio data that’s going into the speakers …
Basically, what I’m trying to create is an equalizer…

Which one is it? Do you simply want to MONITOR the data, or do you want to CHANGE the data, like an equalizer? Those two things require two entirely separate approaches. For monitoring data, you can use the WASAPI loopback feature. No drivers required – just an application.

If you want to create an equalizer, then you don’t just want to MONITOR the speaker output, you want to CHANGE the speaker output. That requires an APO — an audio processing object. That’s where things like reverb, tremolo, and equalizers go.

In fact, Microsoft already offers a graphic equalizer as one of the standard APOs. You can add AUDIO_EFFECT_TYPE_EQUALIZER to your output stream and have one ready to go.

Please note that Microsoft does not want you to build a system-wide equalizer for general purpose use. The whole reason they redesigned the audio stack in Vista was to stop the people who built filters on filters on filters on filters, and made it impossible for professional audio applications to do their job. If you are a speaker manufacturer, you can ship an equalizer APO with your driver, but you can’t ship one as a software component.