WDK: GRMWDK_EN_7600_1.ISO
GraphEdit: from GRMWDK_EN_7600_1.ISO
Direct X: 9.0c

build:

build -ceZ

install:

devcon install avssamp.inf SW\{20698827-7099-4c4e-861A-4879D639A35F}

and the avssamp.htm told me that

.... The sample appears under "WDM Streaming Capture Devices" as "avssamp Source." ...

but I can not find “avssamp Source.” under “WDM Streaming Capture Devices” , I’ve tried several times.

I’ve tried avshws, it can work fine. I still want to know why avssamp can not be work fine ? :slight_smile:

You didn’t follow the instructions. You don’t install this driver using “devcon install”, you install it by right-clicking the INF and choosing “Install”.

In order to correctly install an AVStream driver, one has to register several device interfaces. In the newer DDKs, that’s done using the AddInterface statement. Before that statement was available, one had to run StreamingDeviceSetup in streamci.dll. The avssamp.inf only does that in the [DefaultInstall] section, which is what the right-click install does.

Be sure to uninstall the devices you already have from Device Manager.

Are you aware that the 7600 DDK you’re using is 10 years old? It’s an antique.

@Tim_Roberts said:
You didn’t follow the instructions. You don’t install this driver using “devcon install”, you install it by right-clicking the INF and choosing “Install”.

In order to correctly install an AVStream driver, one has to register several device interfaces. In the newer DDKs, that’s done using the AddInterface statement. Before that statement was available, one had to run StreamingDeviceSetup in streamci.dll. The avssamp.inf only does that in the [DefaultInstall] section, which is what the right-click install does.

Be sure to uninstall the devices you already have from Device Manager.

Thank you so much, I thought "devcon install " is perfect way to installing driver before. Now I know I was wrong.

Are you aware that the 7600 DDK you’re using is 10 years old? It’s an antique.
There are so many books only talk about old version DDK, so I have no choice, MSDN is boring for read in my opinion. :slight_smile: