Sending network packets

Hello!
I’m a beginner in software driver development and I’m interested to know in which way should I send a packet to another network?

Code examples are also very welcome :smile: :wink:

Kind of a broad question… making it pretty much impossible to answer.

Tell us more. What are you doing, and what are you trying to accomplish?

Peter

@EyalBer said:
Hello!
I’m a beginner in software driver development and I’m interested to know in which way should I send a packet to another network?

Code examples are also very welcome :smile: :wink:

If you wish your driver to communicate with another entity over a network, Winsock Kernel is what you are looking for. The interface is quite similar to (Berkely) sockets in usermode, so if you are not a beginner in the area of network programming, you should be quite fine (I eman you get into trouble because you currently do not know much about the kernel and driver development, not because of the Winsock Kernel stuff).

> @“Martin_Dráb” said: > @EyalBer said: > Hello! > I’m a beginner in software driver development and I’m interested to know in which way should I send a packet to another network? > > Code examples are also very welcome :smile: :wink: > > > > > > If you wish your driver to communicate with another entity over a network, Winsock Kernel is what you are looking for. The interface is quite similar to (Berkely) sockets in usermode, so if you are not a beginner in the area of network programming, you should be quite fine (I eman you get into trouble because you currently do not know much about the kernel and driver development, not because of the Winsock Kernel stuff). Yesss! Thanks! That’s what I meant :smile: Is it documented? > @“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said: > Kind of a broad question… making it pretty much impossible to answer. > > Tell us more. What are you doing, and what are you trying to accomplish? > > Peter Im trying to send a web request to a server from kernel mode driver

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/winsock-kernel4