Error with OSR driver loader

The error box says that the driver has been blocked from loading when I try loading my driver… Any fixes?

The very first thing I’d do is never use OSR driver loader for anything. From OSR Online where OSR Driver Loader is hosted:

Peter

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:
The very first thing I’d do is never use OSR driver loader for anything. From OSR Online where OSR Driver Loader is hosted:

Peter

what should I use?
Also, how would I view kernel messages if I run a driver 's released mode? Ive heard that kdprint and dbgprint only worked in debug compilations…

what should I use

It depends on what type of driver you have. Is it a PnP driver or a non-PnP driver?

If it’s PnP, you need to install it using an INF file and typically via Device Manager. If it’s a non-PnP driver, you COULD install it with an INF file… but you might just install it like any other service on Windows (using the Service Control Manager).

how would I view kernel messages if I run a driver 's released mode? Ive heard that kdprint and dbgprint only worked in debug compilations…

The right answer here is to hook up the Windows kernel debugger (WinDbg). DbgPrint works in both release and debug configurations. KdPrint works only in Debug configurations.

Peter

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:

what should I use

It depends on what type of driver you have. Is it a PnP driver or a non-PnP driver?

If it’s PnP, you need to install it using an INF file and typically via Device Manager. If it’s a non-PnP driver, you COULD install it with an INF file… but you might just install it like any other service on Windows (using the Service Control Manager).

how would I view kernel messages if I run a driver 's released mode? Ive heard that kdprint and dbgprint only worked in debug compilations…

The right answer here is to hook up the Windows kernel debugger (WinDbg). DbgPrint works in both release and debug configurations. KdPrint works only in Debug configurations.

Peter

How would I install a driver with the service control manager? Do you know a tutorial for this?

[

“[” ??

The message as it was sent to the notification list said “how come I don’t see my driver in the service manager or device manager?” I assume he edited it after finding the driver in the services list.

The message as it was sent…

You email people get ALL the cool stuff (it doesn’t LOOK like he edited his message… so, hmmmmm… now we’re losing posts, it seems?)

Peter