How to separate swapapo.dll from the sysvad driver Installation

Hi All,
I want to load swapapo.dll separately without installing the Virtual audio processing driver. I tried to change the code i.e, added DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer. Dll is registering properly but I am not able to see the dll is attached to the process audiodg.exe.
Please can somebody help on this.

Regards,
Rajendra

Rajendra_Sethi wrote:

I want to load swapapo.dll separately without installing the Virtual audio processing driver. I tried to change the code i.e, added DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer. Dll is registering properly but I am not able to see the dll is attached to the process audiodg.exe.

It doesn’t work that way.  COM registration is not needed nor used for
an APO.  An APO is activated when it is installed using an INF file,
which creates the FX registry keys within the audio device’s key.  An
APO is always associated with a specific device.  There are no global APOs.

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your reply. I already separated the projects. I am now able to separate Dll from Driver by adding the registry keys manually and registering DLL as COM .

Regards,
Rajendra

Hi All,
Is it possible to add socket in swapapo code to communicate between different process.

Regards,
Rajendra

(empty message)

@Rajendra_Sethi said:
Hi Tim,
Thank you for your reply. I already separated the projects. I am now able to separate Dll from Driver by adding the registry keys manually and registering DLL as COM .

Regards,
Rajendra

Hi, currently facing same challenge.

Would it be possible to share some hint to get this done ? (Just registering the dll won’t work)

Best Regards