[WFP] How to trigger reauthorize ALE, FwpmFilterDeleteById always return 0xc00000bb.

Hello. I am a new programmer for wfp. My callout register at FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 layer. I have my own filter logic that maintains a set of hashtable rules in the kernel (such as blocking connections to a connection). However, I found that the ALE layer cannot filter an existing connections and needs to reauthorize ALE. I want to trigger reauthorize ALE every time when I update my hashtable rule, but it always return 0xc00000bb when using FwpmFilterDeleteById and FwpmFilterAdd0, I don’t know why.
Thanks!

zhjwang wrote:

Hello. I am a new programmer for wfp. My callout register at FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 layer. … but it always return 0xc00000bb when using FwpmFilterDeleteById and FwpmFilterAdd0, I don’t know why.

Did you look that up?  C00000BB is STATUS_NOT SUPPORTED.  Have you
double-checked that the handle and the ID you are passing actually have
the proper values?

@Tim_Roberts said:
zhjwang wrote:

Hello. I am a new programmer for wfp. My callout register at FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 layer. … but it always return 0xc00000bb when using FwpmFilterDeleteById and FwpmFilterAdd0, I don’t know why.

Did you look that up? C00000BB is STATUS_NOT SUPPORTED. Have you
the proper values?

yes, some of my pseudo code

UpdateRule(message)
{
     //insert hashtable
       if (filterEngineHandle != nullptr && g_ALEConnectFilterId != 0)
      {
             statusDeleteConnectFilter = FwpmFilterDeleteById(filterEngineHandle, g_ALEConnectFilterId);
		if (!NT_SUCCESS(statusDeleteConnectFilter))
		{
			LOGERROR("Delete statusDeleteConnectFilter is error\n");
		}else {
			LOGERROR("Delete statusDeleteConnectFilter is success\n");
		}
      }
}

** The same code , in the DriverUnload function and in RegisterCallout function woks well.
this is FwpmFilterDeleteById0 Remarks. I don’t know if this is a problem with this session. **

Thanks!

@Tim_Roberts said:
zhjwang wrote:

Did you look that up? C00000BB is STATUS_NOT SUPPORTED. Have you
the proper values?
yes, some of my Fake code

UpdateRule(message)
{
	//insert hashtable
	if (filterEngineHandle != nullptr && g_ALEConnectFilterId != 0)
	{
		NTSTATUS statusDeleteConnectFilter = FwpmFilterDeleteById(filterEngineHandle, g_ALEConnectFilterId);

if (!NT_SUCCESS(statusDeleteConnectFilter))
		{
			LOGERROR("Delete statusDeleteConnectFilter is error\n");
		}
		else {
			LOGERROR("Delete statusDeleteConnectFilter is success\n");
		}
    }
}

The same code , works well in DriverUnload function and register Callout function.
I don’t know if this is a problem with this session.

I also do some test about FwpmEngineOpen in my updateRule

statusEngineOpen = FwpmEngineOpen(
		NULL,
		RPC_C_AUTHN_WINNT,
		NULL,
		&session,
		&filterEngineHandleUpdateRule);
	if (!NT_SUCCESS(statusEngineOpen))
	{
		LOGDEBUG("FwpmEngineOpen is error 0x%08x\n", statusEngineOpen);
		return statusEngineOpen;
	}

it also return C00000BB . I do not know why? what did i miss?
Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Finally, I found this problem. It because FwpmEngineOpen and FwpmFilterDeleteById must run in PASSIVE_LEVE IRQL. But one of the locks in my code raises the IRQL. It is hard to find.