Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Correct approach for creating a Virtual XPS Printer?

PacketGuyPacketGuy Member Posts: 11

I need to create a virtual XPS printer that shows up in windows (7 onwards) with a custom name and upon Print, it saves the .xps file to a specific folder (doesn't ask User) OR transfer the .xps file to another user-mode application via Named-pipe.

I've seen various suggestions on how to do this e.g. port monitor w/MS universal driver, custom rendering plug-in, stream filter etc. However, I'm new to Printing so not sure which is the right approach?

Comments