Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

How to find the actual file type of Renamed files in minifilter

Nikhil_V_SNikhil_V_S Member - All Emails Posts: 52

I have created a file system mini-filter for blocking the access of files based on file types.
But If i change the file type then I can't block the file with its original file type.
Can i get the original file type of files in minilter
Please help

Comments

• rod_widdowsonrod_widdowson Member - All Emails Posts: 1,017

What do you mean by "file type"? Do you mean the extension in the file name (.docx and so on). Or the attributes (compressed, directory, sparse) or what?

What do you mean by "blocking"? Do you mean denying the create or not allowing reads or what?

• Nikhil_V_SNikhil_V_S Member - All Emails Posts: 52

@rod_widdowson said:
    What do you mean by "file type"? Do you mean the extension in the file name (.docx and so on). Or the attributes (compressed, directory, sparse) or what?

yes ,I need to bock with its extension

What do you mean by "blocking"? Do you mean denying the create or not allowing reads or what?

both,I need to block the file creation and file read write

• Vadim_SirotnikovVadim_Sirotnikov Member Posts: 16

The file extension is just part of the name - it has no bearing on the data inside the file.
    People can rename the file a thousand times, and I doubt it's advisable for you to keep a history of that.