Windbg won't attach

I’m trying to get a test VM working again at home without having to start from scratch and build a new VM. My problems started with the 1803 Windows update, when Microsoft removed homegroup. All of my network permissions, sharing, etc. were based on homegroup. This is my home laptop, which I don’t use a lot for kernel debugging, so I’ve drug my feet on fixing it, but I’m to the point where I need to consider building a new VM, and I’m hoping you all have some ideas.

I’m using Hyper-V to host the up-to-date Windows 10 VM. I can ping the machine by name, so discovery and ICMP are working, although the ping results default to the IPv6 address of the machine instead of the IPv4 address. If I use -S to specify the source address, that problem goes away, though, and Windbg is using the correct, IPv4 host address.

I tell it to attach, it says “Waiting to reconnect…” and then nothing. So I don’t have much to go on.

I ran bcdedit /dbgsettings, and it used the port and key it displayed. Host IP is correct.

I think I found at least part of it. After trying to connect, and getting just “Waiting to reconnect…”, I tried restarting the VM while leaving Windbag trying to connect, and it eventually displayed:
Connected to target 169.254.57.244 on port 50096 on local IP 192.168.86.49.
So even though both systems are setup for dhcp, and acquire addresses in the 192.168.86.0 / 255.255.255.0 subnet, the debugger appears to be assigning a static ip to the VM. I’m going to make sure dhcp is on both with bcdedit and for the VM itself, and if I don’t find something there, I’m just going to build a new VM.