Modifying BusyRetryCount and BusyPauseTime for virtual Storport HBA and attached disks

Dear all,

I have successfully created a virtual Storport Miniport HBA following the OSR example. For my driver I want to control the amount of retrys and time intervals of an SRB if the device is answering with an SRB_STATUS_BUSY. I identified the necessary registry section (SCSI//Storport) and can manually set the registry values to have the desired effect, however I would like to set these values programatically for every virtual disk which is attaching to the virtual HBA. Adding these keys to the INF file of the HBA or using the Physical Device Object (PDO), I am able to create the registry values for the HBA in ROOT/SCSIAdapter/. However, this does not have the desired effect.

Is it possible to obtain the registry paths for the attached disk using the HBAs PDO or the HBAs INF file?

Any point into the right direction would be appreciated.

To be more specific:

Is there a way to add the registry values for BusyRetryCount and BusyPauseTime under

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/SCSI///Device Parameters/Storport

from your Storport Miniport driver or provide a template in its INF file to configure disks attaching to this HBA ?

A poorman’s version of a solution can be found here

Thank you Peter for the discussion.