Reinstall_With_IO_Before_And_After test fails in HCK manager for win 7, but passes in win 8

Respected members,
I am very new to this domain, please bear with my silly questions… I have some inf files needs to have security catalogue file, to do this we need to pass a WHCK. Problem here we are facing is that it is passing successfully in win 8 , 8.1. But it is failing in win 7. Below is the message QA team is getting:-

Reinstall_With_IO_Before_And_After:
DriverSetupDevice::Install() call class installer HRESULT=0x800F0228 - There are no compatible drivers for this device

Even if we try to install by right click on inf file, win 7 throws the pop up:- “The INF file you have selected does not support this method of installation”, but same files are working in same fashion of installation in win 8, win 8.1

I tried to attached those inf file here , but it says format is not allowed, so please help me how should I proceed with it, please let me know how can I pass the files in this forum to investigate, or please let me know if you needed any log file, from where I can get it so that I can post them also.

Please find attached images of WHCK logs :

please find attached log file generated while installation of inf files…

Main concerns I could found in attached files are below error text in setupapi.app file:

! sig: Error 0x80096002: The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found.

Another error statement can be found in setupapi.dev.log, strange those files are available which it shouts missing:-
inf: Driver Store location: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\android_winusb.inf_amd64_neutral_9da98c4cbde42edf\android_winusb.inf
inf: Published Inf Path: C:\Windows\INF\oem18.inf
inf: Opened PNF: ‘C:\Windows\INF\oem18.inf’ ([strings])
inf: Installing catalog androidwinusba64.cat as: oem18.CAT
! inf: Failed to install catalog - error ignored
! inf: Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
inf: OEM source media location: C:\Windows\INF\

if we try to install by right click on inf file, win 7 throws the pop up:- “The INF file you have selected does not support this method of installation”, but same files are working in same fashion of installation in win 8, win 8.1

IIRC, right-clicking to install driver files was changed (to work the way most people who expect it to work) after Win 7. So… I don’t think THAT’s necessarily a particular issue.

! sig: Error 0x80096002: The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found.

Hmmmm… The most common cause we see for things like this is that Win7 doesn’t natively understand “SHA2” (AKA SHA-256) hashing. You need to be sure the right service pack or patch is installed. See this article.

Hopefully, that’s the problem.

Peter

Thank you for the reply Peter_Viscarola,I gone through article and according to that my windows is up to date , How ever I found the one more issue in setupapi.app (log attached in previous comment) file saying :

[DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV - USB\VID_1D9C&PID_880A&MI_01\7&38420649&0&0001]
 dvi: No class installer for 'Android Composite ADB Interface'
 dvi: Using exported function 'WdfCoInstaller' in module 'C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll'.
 dvi: CoInstaller 1 == WdfCoInstaller01009.dll,WdfCoInstaller
 dvi: Using exported function 'CoDeviceInstall' in module 'C:\Windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll'.
 dvi: CoInstaller 2 == WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll
 dvi: CoInstaller 1: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi: CoInstaller 1: Exit
 dvi: CoInstaller 2: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi: CoInstaller 2: Exit
 dvi: Default installer: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi:      {Select Best Driver}
 dvi:           Selecting driver failed(0xe0000228)
 dvi:      {Select Best Driver - exit(0xe0000228)}
 dvi: Default installer: failed!
 dvi: Error 0xe0000228: There are no compatible drivers for this device.
 Section end 2019/02/12 14:21:29.495
 [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe0000228)] 

By going through the above error “No class installer for Android Composite ADB Interface” ,
I observed that when the driver re-installs during testing , it is not automatically picking under ADB , instead it is detecting under modem (please find below Image 2) , even though I have added compositeAdbInterface in android_winusb.inf (please see below Image 1). Is there anything mapping has to do regarding this ?. I am thinking this might be the reason for failure of test case “Reinstall with IO Before and After (Certification)” .

Image 1)

Image 2)

It seems to ME that you have some sort of ADB-specific issue, and (I’m sorry to say) this is something I know absolutely nothing about.

Google found me this article… but that lame attempt (which I’m sure you’ve already tried) is all I’ve got at this point.

Good luck and sorry I can’t be of any more help,

Peter

Thanks Peter_Viscarola, I will surely come back once I solve this…

Thank you for the reply peter ,I gone through article and according to that my windows is up to date , How ever I found the one more issue in setupapi.app file saying :

dvi: No class installer for 'Android Composite ADB Interface'
 dvi: Using exported function 'WdfCoInstaller' in module 'C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll'.
 dvi: CoInstaller 1 == WdfCoInstaller01009.dll,WdfCoInstaller
 dvi: Using exported function 'CoDeviceInstall' in module 'C:\Windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll'.
 dvi: CoInstaller 2 == WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll
 dvi: CoInstaller 1: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi: CoInstaller 1: Exit
 dvi: CoInstaller 2: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi: CoInstaller 2: Exit
 dvi: Default installer: Enter 14:21:29.495
 dvi:      {Select Best Driver}
 dvi:           Selecting driver failed(0xe0000228)
 dvi:      {Select Best Driver - exit(0xe0000228)}
 dvi: Default installer: failed!
 dvi: Error 0xe0000228: There are no compatible drivers for this device.
 Section end 2019/02/12 14:21:29.495
 [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe0000228)] 

I went through the error ,By reffering (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/446e5cde-72f4-445e-8abc-92af38ca60d0/driver-installation-for-usb-hub-fails-error-0xe0000228-no-compatible-devices) it lead me to check the usb.inf file in the c://windows/inf path , I checked that even replaced it with other 64bit machine . Still the test case is failing "Reinstall_With_IO_Before_And_After " in windows 7.

Kindly Help
Thanx in Advance

@naveen Please don’t post the same comment/reply multiple times. Instead, please read this post.

Peter