Cannot run driver kmdf on Vitual Box.

I have a question ? Who can help me How to run the Microsoft driver samples on the Vitual box? Because I buitl then run with the OSR Driver Loader it shows an error “the service cannot be started either because it is disabled disabled”.
link source: Windows-driver-samples/input/kbfiltr at main · microsoft/Windows-driver-samples · GitHub

(empty message)

This is not an answer to your problem: But my general advice is to use something other than Virtual Box. We have had very poor luck with VirtualBox as a platform in general, to the extent that we (as a general rule) do not support the use of our (OSR’s) products on it.

YMMV, of course… but just some fee advice.

Again: This is not (likely to be) related to your specific problem, it rather is intended as general advice.

Peter

(Mr, Roberts… blank reply again… sorry!)

More in response to your problem: it looms to me like you’re trying to load a PnP driver using an ancient utility that is designed to load non-PnP drivers.

That seems to be the problem,

Peter

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:
This is not an answer to your problem: But my general advice is to use something other than Virtual Box. We have had very poor luck with VirtualBox as a platform in general, to the extent that we (as a general rule) do not support the use of our (OSR’s) products on it.

There is nothing much wrong with VBOX as a virtualization product. It runs windows and all of the standard in box drivers that come with windows, so I have no idea why it won’t run osr’s drivers, but this is very far from the OP’s problem. He’s not asking about the merits of virtual box, he’s trying to figure out why his keyboard filter driver won’t load. VBOX ain’t the problem. It has a keyboard driver. That driver can be filtered.

The OP should look at the quite clear documentation for his filter driver on github and use the manual install methods documented there to install his driver.

Here’s what I tried to say above.

I have a question ? Can you help me How to run the Microsoft driver samples on the Vitual box? Because I buitl then run with the OSR Driver Loader it shows an error "the service cannot be started either because it is disabled disabled”.

Of course it did, because you didn’t read any of the instructions on what that driver is or how to install it. Did you? What did you think it was going to do?

The OSR driver loader installs non-PnP drivers only. The kbfiltr sample is a PnP driver. It has to be installed either with an INF file, to filter one keyboard, or by modifying the register, if you wish to filter all keyboards. This is all described in the instructions that you didn’t read.