HLK signed driver for Win10 1809 not loading on builds <=1803

I seem to struggle with understanding the HLK setup needed to submit a driver package that works for all Windows 10 builds.

Can someone enlighten me?

I tried the new VHLK and used the HLK Version 1809 CompatPlaylist X86_64 playlist.

After getting my signed submission back my driver is loading fine on 1809, but failing to load on 1803.
What additional steps are needed to support Server? Load the HLK Version 1809 CompatPlaylist x64 Server playlist and merge the packages?

We’re using partener.microsoft.com dashboard. When I submit a driver for signing, I tick all the checkboxes in the interface. At the moment this means five checkboxes for either 32 or 64 bit (Windows 10 1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607). Runs fine on all Windows 10 versions so far.
I think you need to explicitly state all versions that should be supported …

I just check every single box available. I even check the 32-bit boxes for 64-bit submissions, and vice versa.

Peter

I was under the impression that you get a different set of checkboxes depending on the .hlkx package that you upload. For example, the attached image shows all available checkboxes for that package I uploaded.

Hi Shane,

did you get it to work? I am also considering to use VHLK, but the signed driver has to run on Windows 10 1607.

I looked at the list at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/windows-hardware-lab-kit

To certify… Download…

• Windows 10, version 1809 or Windows Server 2019
    • Windows HLK, version 1809 or
    • Windows Virtual HLK (VHLK), version 1809 - NEW!
  • Windows 10, version 1803
    • Windows HLK, version 1803
  • Windows 10, version 1709
    • Windows HLK, version 1709
  • Windows 10, version 1703
  • Windows 10, version 1607
    • Windows HLK, version 1703
  • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows HLK, version 1607

And I do not know what tu use to get a driver running on every Windows 10 edition…

It is interesting that such an easy question is not answered on the mentioned page.

Hope to get an answer soon :).

Gunther

My driver package is run tests with WHLK for Windows 10 1903, it shown the same options as Shane posted. After I got a driver certified for testing, my driver only works with Windows 10 1903. And failed to load with all other Windows 10 versions.
According to Microsoft document: a different HLK framework is used to run test for each Windows 10 version.
Does anyone know how to create a hlkx package that works for all Windows 10 versions?
Thank you.
Len

You run the latest HLK, and when you submit, you check the down level OS boxes.

I think.

Peter