How to communicate between swapapo.dll and remote application using socket

Hi All,
I am trying to communicate between swapapo (audio processing object) microsoft sample code with remote application using socket.
I am able to communicate it with local application which uses socket, but not able to communicate with remote application i.e process running on different machine (both the machines are connected by LAN)
Is there any solution for this

Regards,
Rajendra

What about the security settings and policies on both local and remote machines? What are your connection parameters (i.e protocol and port number)? What do you precisely mean by “unable to communicate” and at which particular stage the communication fails??? You need to provide us with a thorough description of your situation if you reasonably expect to get any help…

Anton Bassov

Hi,
1> What about the security settings and policies on both local and remote machines?
– Firewall disable in both the machines.
2> What are your connection parameters (i.e protocol and port number)?
– Protocol - TCP
– Port – 8080(it’s in Listening mode)
What do you precisely mean by “unable to communicate” and at which particular stage the communication fails???
– Connect call fails in the client part. mostly it’s refusing the connection.

I have one more problem.
– I created a Windows universal APP which has capability of socket communication. It’s able to establish communication between win32 application and able to send the packets across the network, but when I am trying to implement same with swapapo.dll , connection is getting refused.

Can you please answer on this.

Regards,
Rajendra

If swapapo is running in the system service account it has no network
access.
Mark Roddy

Thank you for your reply Mark, but if the system service account was the issue then the DLL would not be able to establish any Socket connections at all, right ?

Let me explain the issue seen in a bit more detail now:
→ SwapAPO built with platform toolset “WindowsApplicationForDrivers10.0” consists of a Socket Server (WinSock2) bound to port “8080” that spawns a different thread on new Socket connections.
→ When this DLL is deployed as an APO on Machine ‘A’ and a simple Socket client application is also run on Machine ‘A’, the Socket connection goes through (able to send & receive)
→ However, when this DLL is deployed as an APO on Machine ‘A’ and a simple Socket client application is run on Machine ‘B’, the client application waits forever and fails with a timeout

New Issue seen:
→ I’m trying with StreamSocket UWP (Windows Sample) which is built on platform toolset “Visual Studio 2017 (v141)”.
→ Launching the the UWP and connecting to port 8080 works as expected with a Socket Server application even when run on different machines.
→ However, when trying to communicate with swapapo.dll & StreamSocket UWP on port 8080, I’m seeing a “No Connection could me made because target machine actively refused it”.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Rajendra

Run your non-swapapo test in the system service account and see how it
works.
Mark Roddy

Rajendra_Sethi wrote:

Thank you for your reply Mark, but if the system service account was the issue then the DLL would not be able to establish any Socket connections at all, right ?

Let me explain the issue seen in a bit more detail now:

-> SwapAPO built with platform toolset “WindowsApplicationForDrivers10.0” consists of a Socket Server (WinSock2) bound to port “8080” that spawns a different thread on new Socket connections.

-> When this DLL is deployed as an APO on Machine ‘A’ and a simple Socket client application is also run on Machine ‘A’, the Socket connection goes through (able to send & receive)

-> However, when this DLL is deployed as an APO on Machine ‘A’ and a simple Socket client application is run on Machine ‘B’, the client application waits forever and fails with a timeout

Are you binding to 0.0.0.0, or are you binding to 127.0.0.1? Have you
checked your firewall?

Hi Tim,
Are you binding to 0.0.0.0, or are you binding to 127.0.0.1?
→ As I am using INADDR_ANY in DLL Socket code, I think it’s not binding to a specific IP.
Have you checked your firewall?
→ Yes Firewall is off

Regards,
Rajendra