Not getting any e-mails

Well,

I have over a decade of unbroken NTDEV and NTFSD list archive mails that suddenly stopped on September 17th 2018. I am aware of the site reorganization and I’ve waited patiently. So this weekend I looked over the instructions for resuming these lists:

Users who are in the “All Email Users” group can set their preferences by going to “Edit Profile” and then “Notification Preferences” – There, they can indicate the categories they want to receive email about.

I’ve checked the “Notification Preferences” section of the profile and simply do not see any categories.

Can I get some help?

Best Wishes,
-David Delaune

Mr. Delaune,

Sure… you can get some help.

You’re not in the “All email users” group. Did we list your user name in the list described here?

What was your username on NTDEV? When’s the last time you posted?

I have over a decade of unbroken NTDEV and NTFSD list archive mails

For the record, that’s nice. But, quite frankly, it is not our goal to facilitate people passively building their own little archive for the purpose of their private edification.

What we seek to facilitate in every way is the active exchange of information among professional colleagues… learners and experts.

Peter

>For the record, that’s nice. But, quite frankly, it is not our goal to facilitate people passively building their own little archive for the purpose of their private edification.

(Quietly raises hand.) Hmm, that’s what I thought I was doing.

Hmm, that’s what I thought I was doing

Given that you’ve made more than twelve thousand posts here, many of which are in answer to the newest of newbies, you Mr Roberts, exemplify the active exchange of information among professional colleagues.

If as a result you get a private archive for your personal edification and enjoyment, well… it’s grewt that you consider that a benefit and more power to you.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have been on NTDEV for a very very long time. I believe the mails were distributed via majordomo in the old days.

What was your username on NTDEV? When’s the last time you posted?

Like you I have several accounts. Some were connected to my Microsoft employee e-mail address and some on private e-mail accounts. I have some elaborate rules setup for parsing the lists.osr.com and alerting me to topics I was interested in monitoring. After the move I don’t have access to some of those accounts. I am not looking for support for those other accounts.

May I request to be put back onto the mailing list?

What we seek to facilitate in every way is the active exchange of information among professional colleagues… learners and experts.

I’ve worked with over a dozen of the 268 people on the list here: http://www.osronline.com/TheMove/MemberNames.txt

Best Wishes,
-David Delaune

Mr Delaune,

As you requested, I have added you to the “All Emails” user group.

In return, I’m asking that — when possible — you please play an active role in the community by helping answer questions here.

The community doesn’t work if people post an endless stream of questions and nobody answers them. Your archive wouldn’t be very interesting. I sure you’d agree.

What makes the community work isn’t how many people you have worked with. What makes the community work is people taking the time to help out their colleagues here when they ask questions. People sharing their knowledge and experience with their associates.

So, please, take the time to help out when you can.

Peter