Where can i find the OSR Driver Loader?

Hi,

I just noticed that site changed, where can i find the link to OSR Driver Loader ?

On Sep 22, 2018, at 4:00 PM, xneox wrote:
>
> I just noticed that site changed, where can i find the link to OSR Driver Loader ?

The mailing list site has changed, but the rest of their site has not. If you have forgotten the location, Google will take you to it way quicker than one of us.

Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

The mailing list site has changed, but the rest of their site has not.

Partially true. If you navigate to https://osronline.com/article.cfm?article=157 and try to download the Driver Loader it says: “The Lists are moving! Logins to this site are disabled. For details see this post in the OSR Devs Blog.”

So how can we download it? Thanks.

Right now, you can’t. We’re in the process of trying to determine what to do with these hideously old, legacy, utilities. We haven’t touched them in years and, to be frank, I’m not even sure we have the sources for some of these anymore. If we can find the sources, we’ll probably move the sources for the innocuous and useless utilities to GitHub so people can do whatever they want with them, which hopefully will not including mocking our command of writing applications, 20 years ago, using MFC and C++. Some utilities which are complex and disruptive (I’m thinking of my favorites DeviceTree and IrpTracker) we may just stop distributing entirely.

Like most of the utilities on OSRONLINE, OSR Driver Loader was nice when it was written, which was like 20 years ago. Now, it provides very close to zero value. IIRC, there is nothing you can do with Driver Loader that you can’t do today using the “SC” command.

Peter

Just for a quick update: We’ve made all the old, crufty, and hideously outdated utilities downloadable without having to login to the legacy OSR Online site (since we no longer get support creating accounts or logging in to that site).

Sooo… if you want an old outdated utility, feel free to download it.

Peter