Email Problem -- Solved?

We think we’ve fixed the email issue we were having. Many thanks to the support folks who worked long hours to make it all happen.

Here’s what we’ve done:

• People in the “All Email Users” group can select the categories they want to get email for… and whether they want emails for new discussions, replies, or both. But they will not get email until they “opt in” – You do this by logging in, editing your profile, and changing your Notification Preferences.
  • As a convenience, we have gone ahead and “opted-in” a few dozen of the most frequent users. We have set ALL these folks up to get email from the NTDEV and from Administration and Announcements categories only – So, if they want to NOT get email for NTDEV, or they DO want to get email for NTFSD or WINDBG, they need to login, edit their profile, and change their Notification Preferences.
  • Any questions, problems, issues, or complaints: email us at community@osr.com

Peter

Mr. Viscarola,

So does this mean I will need to go and change things as the list will
not be sending me all of the subscriptions I had previously made? I am
a bit confused.

Cheers,
R0b0t1

Is there a list of the prefixes used by the email system as in [NTDEV]
[NTFSD] {Announcesments and Administration] ?

Mark Roddy

So does this mean I will need to go and change things as the list will
not be sending me all of the subscriptions I had previously made? I am
a bit confused.

Yes. Go to “Edit Profile” and from there select “Notification Preferencess” and set the categories you want email for. Simple.

Peter

@Mark_Roddy said:
Is there a list of the prefixes used by the email system as in [NTDEV]
[NTFSD] {Announcesments and Administration] ?

The prefixes are the literal names of the categories, in square brackets. The [osr] tag we had yesterday was a mistake.

Is that more clearer?

Peter

Yup. More clear.
Mark Roddy